Position- Restaurant Manager
Responsible to – General Manager
Responsible for – Bar and kitchen Staff.
Primary objectives- To have sole responsibility for the efficient running of the Bar and restaurant. This must be done in accordance to operational practice under the current law. The Bar and restaurant should be run effectively, efficiently and profitably for the company.
Reaching these objectives will involve the following Key tasks:
Tasks & Expected Outcomes:
* Ensures and is legally responsible and liable for the establishment operating in accordance with the Sale of Liquor Act at all times on duty.
* Sole responsibility for the Bar and the running of the restaurant when on duty. – Equipment failures & emergencies are dealt with as soon as possible.
* Must always whilst being a Duty Manager hold a current Managers License.
* Operations adhere to the Law and our Host Responsibility Policy – Customer service and security.
* When on duty you will provide direction and management to all bar and wait staff to ensure efficient operation of staff resource and provide a high standard of customer service and satisfaction.
* To comprehend and correctly operate the till software. – Accountable for accurate cash handling
* Remove any prohibited persons from the premises.
* Opening and Locking up – Procedure is adhered to.
* Efficient ordering of stock – Stock control & Stocktake.
* Supervise the delivery of stock and consumables and ensure that they are matched off against the delivery invoices
* Gaming machine maintenance – Machine availability, payouts & reconciliation, while adhering to the NZCT gaming laws within New Zealand.
* Allocate staff to specific zones within the venue at the beginning of your shift
* Staff Training – Increased productivity & customer satisfaction
* Cash Management
* Oversees the Bar area and ensures that all food and beverages served to customers meet the establishment’s standards
* kitchen – monitor and manage staffing (wage costs) and communication
* Deal with guest discrepancies- these must be brought to the attention of the General Manager.
* Ensure all staff time sheets are completed accurately.
* Motivate staff, problem solve and make confident decisions
* Attend HOD and Account Manager meetings
* Proactively sell and upsell the bar and restaurant offerings
* Other hospitality related tasks as required
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org